Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) Software 2.3.2 Release Notes¶
Release Status: General Availability (GA)
Release Overview: Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) Drivers Package 2.3.2 is a release that includes the latest drivers for the Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800), formally known as the APEX 2800 Server Offload Card.
Note: Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) Drivers Package is specific to the ESXi version being used and includes the VM driver package(apex2800-2.3.0-rel-23839.exe).
APEX 2800 driver release 2.3.2 includes support for the latest ESXi 5.5 release. Additional performance features have been added to improve display frame rates and bandwidth optimization. Please review the release notes within the downloadable zip file.
Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX)
- APEX PCIe Card reference T2800H0100, Rev 02
- APEX Low Profile PCIe card reference T2800H0101, Rev 01
- APEX MXM for HP Blade servers, card reference T2800H0200, Rev 01
- AHK DXM-A APEX for Dell Blade servers
- PCoIP devices should be running firmware release 4.0.3 (Tera2) or 4.0.2 (Tera1) or higher
- All VMware View soft and thin clients
ESXi Driver Release 2.3.2 tested with:
- ESXi 4.1 Express Patch 12, build number 1050704
- ESXi 5.0 Express Patch 3, build number 1311175
- ESXi 5.1 Update 1, build number 1065491
- ESXi 5.1 Express Patch 3, build number 1117900
- ESXi 5.5 Build number 1331820
VMware View Driver Release 2.3.2 tested with:
- VMware View 5.0, 5.0.1
- VMware View 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.2
- Vmware Horizon View 5.2
- Caching is not supported on multi-display PCoIP sessions. When more than one display is connected to a VM, the caching is not working, meaning bandwidth utilization will stay the same as with APEX 2800 drivers 2.2
- Lower frame rates when using a VMware View software client. Occasionally, with certain workload types, the software client output frame rate will be slightly lower when a display is being processed by APEX. Teradici PCoIP zero clients are unaffected
- APEX driver malfunction
The above known issues are under investigation. Please subscribe to this knowledge base item to receive updates.