Teradici APEX 2800 Software 1.1.0 Release Notes¶
Release Status: General Availability
Teradici APEX 2800 Software 1.1.0 release is a maintenance release that includes compatibility with VMware updates.
- Added support for VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 1
- Added support for VMware View 5.0 and 5.0.1
- Minor enhancements to resolve select known issues.
- The APEX 2800 ESXi drivers are specific to the ESXi release
- ESXi 4.1 Update 1, tested on build 348481
- ESXi 4.1 Update 2, tested on build 502767
- ESXi 5.0, tested on build 469512
- ESXi 5.0 Update 1, tested on build 623860
- VMware View™ 5.0, 5.0.1 virtual desktops
- VMware View™ 4.6, 4.6.1 virtual desktops
- Deployments using PCoIP zero client devices to connect to View virtual desktops should install PCoIP firmware 3.5.0 or later on the zero client devices.
It is highly recommended that all customers update their ESXi driver to this version.
View client error and session closure
“pcoip ctrl-I” shows an invalid device utilization value
Unexpected server reboot in very rare occasions
- Portrait mode is not supported if the display height is greater than 1200 pixels.
A 1680x1050 display is supported in landscape orientation since the display height of 1050 pixels is less than 1200.
A 1680x1050 display is not supported in portrait orientation since the display height of 1680 pixes is greater than 1200.
- Occasional deterioration of end user experience when under heavy pixel loads in constrained bandwidth or high packet loss environments.
Occasional update pause and cancellation of APEX offloading. In this case, the session will revert to PCoIP software encoding and then the display is eligible for offloading again.
APEX offloaded display frame rates can be occasionally lower when connecting with VMware View Clients. PCoIP zero clients do not exhibit this issue.
When using the “pcoip ctrl” command, some of the command switches are not listed in the command output.
Displays will not be offloaded when using ESXi 5.0 or later and using VM names with more than 14 characters. Workaround is to use VM names with 14 characters or less. This will be fixed in a future APEX 2800 software release. For more details see Displays not being offloaded and "Cannot create Worldlet" ESX Host Logs (15134-1095)
For additional details please see TER1112004_Issue3-Release_Note_APEX_2800
Note: ESX is not supported (ESXi only)