Remote Workstation Card Firmware 20.01.1 is a firmware release for Remote Workstation Cards (not PCoIP Zero Clients).
This release is a maintenance release comprised of security updates and bug fixes.. These release notes provide a summary of key feature additions, compatibility notes, resolved issues, and known issues for this release.
Note: only Cloud Access subscribers are eligible to receive this release.
If you are using PCoIP Management Console to deploy firmware updates, you must upgrade to Management Console 20.01 or newer before deploying firmware 20.01 or newer.
Deploying endpoints from an earlier version of Management Console may cause endpoints to become unmanageable.
For further details see knowledge base article KB 3230
What's New in This Release
Use with Management Console version 20.01
This firmware should only be used with Management Console 20.01 or newer
4K Display Support
Support for 4K resolutions.
- Remote Workstation Card cryptography library has been updated to the latest Mocana version.
- PCoIP session encryption with AES-128-GCM has been removed, only AES-256-GCM can be used
Brokering of the Remote Workstation Card can now be done in Linux environments. See Remote Workstation Card Agent for Linux.
Versioning Number Change
Remote Workstation Card firmware is on a new numbering scheme, where the first number is the release date year, and the second number is the release date month, and the third number is the number of maintenance releases.
- Remote Workstation Card firmware 20.01 has been tested with Zero Client firmware 20.01 and 6.5.
- Other Zero Client firmware may be compatible, but are not supported.
PCoIP Software Client
- Remote Workstation Card firmware 20.01 has been tested with PCoIP Software Client 20.01.
- Other Software Client versions may be compatible with this release, but are not supported.
- Direct to Host connections are no longer supported, only brokered. See Remote Workstation Card Agent for Windows and Remote Workstation Card Agent for Linux.
- PCoIP Management Console 20.01+ is required.
- Tested with VMware Horizon View 7.10
- Remote Workstation Card is compatible with PCoIP Secure Gateway 7.7 and older.