Teradici APEX 2800 Software 2.1.0 Release Notes¶
Release Status: General Availability Release
Teradici APEX 2800 Software 2.1.0 release is a maintenance release that includes compatibility with VMware updates.
This update applies to the ESXi host drivers only, there are no changes to the APEX 2800 VM drivers which stay on release 2.0.0.
Note that APEX 2800 ESXi software is specifc to the ESXi version being used.
Software Package 2.1.0 for APEX2800 ESXi5.1.0 (release preview only - ESXi 5.1.0 supported in APEX 2800 software release 2.2)
- Support for the new APEX 2800 LP (low profile) card which will be available in November 2012.
- "Release preview" for ESXi 5.1 - ESXi 5.1.0 to be officially supported with the release of APEX 2.2.
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
The APEX 2800 ESXi drivers are specific to the ESXi release
- ESXi 4.1 Update 1, tested on build 348481
- ESXi 4.1 Update 2, tested on build 502767
- ESXi 4.1 Update 3, tested on build 800380
- ESXi 5.0 tested on build 469512
- ESXi 5.0 Update 1, tested on build numbers 623860 & 768111, 821926
- ESXi 5.0 Update 2, supported in APEX 2800 software release 2.2, scheduled for early February 2013
- ESXi 5.1 tested on build 799733 - provided as a release preview to be officially supported with the release of APEX 2.2 drivers
APEX 2800 VM driver compatability: (no change in VM driver and still using APEX 2800 Software 2.0.0 VM drivers)
- VMware View™ 5.1, 5.1.1 virtual desktops
- VMware View™ 5.0, 5.0.1 virtual desktops
- VMware View™ 4.6, 4.6.1 virtual desktops
End point compatibility
- Deployments using PCoIP zero client devices to connect to View virtual desktops should install PCoIP firmware 3.5.0 or later on the zero client devices.
- All VMware View client releases
- APEX 2800 PCIe card reference T2800H0100, Rev 02
- APEX 2800 Low Profile PCIe card reference T2800H0101, Rev 01
- Fixed an issue where sessions with multiple display topologies and certain pixel workloads offloaded by the APEX 2800 may occassionally stop updating. The affected displays will revert to software PCoIP encoding but will resume offloading after a few seconds. This is a rare occurrence.
- Nothing to report.
For additional details please see Teradici APEX 2800 Software Release Notes Issue 6
The above known issues are under investigation. Please subscribe to this knowledge base item to receive updates.
- KB article created - Oct 29, 2012