Teradici APEX 2800 Software 2.0.0 Release Notes¶
Release Status: General Availability Release
- Added support for portrait and landscape mode, up to 2560x1600 resolution.
- Improved user experience.
- The APEX 2800 ESXi drivers are specific to the ESXi release
- ESXi 4.1 Update 1, tested on build 348481
- ESXi 4.1 Update 2, tested on build 502767
- ESXi 5.0, tested on build 469512
- ESXi 5.0 Update 1, tested on build numbers 623860 & 721882
- VMware View™ 5.1, 5.0, 5.0.1 virtual desktops
- VMware View™ 4.6, 4.6.1 virtual desktops
- Deployments using PCoIP zero client devices to connect to View virtual desktops should install PCoIP firmware 3.5.0 or later on the zero client devices.
- Fixed an issue where high packet loss environments may cause deterioration of end user experience.
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases, the View client with a display offloaded closed the connection abruptly.
- Fixed an issue where a VM fails to be discovered by APEX as a PCoIP capable VM.
- Portrait mode is now supported with a resolution up to 2560x1600.
- Occasional deterioration of end user experience when under heavy pixel loads in constrained bandwidth or high packet loss environments.
- Occasional update pause and cancellation of APEX offloading. In this case, the session will revert to PCoIP software encoding and then the display is eligible for offloading again.
- APEX offloaded display frame rates can be occasionally lower when connecting with VMware View Clients. PCoIP zero clients do not exhibit this issue.
- Sessions with multiple display topologies and certain pixel workload offloaded by APEX, may occasionally stop updating. The affected displays will revert to soft encoding but will eventually resume offloading with APEX after a few seconds. This is a very rare occurrence.
Impact: Limited. End user will experience a frozen screen for 1 to 2 seconds until the offload goes back to the soft agent. For additional details please see Teradici APEX 2800 Software Release Notes Issue 5
The above known issues are under investigation. Please subscribe to this knowledge base item to receive updates.