Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) Software 2.3.1 Release Notes¶
Release Status: General Availability (GA)
Release Overview: Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) Drivers Package 2.3.1 is a release that includes the latest drivers for the Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800), formally known as the APEX 2800 Server Offload Card.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A problem has been found when installing APEX 2800 software 2.3.0 in some scenario's. Please do not use Drivers Package 2.3.0 when installing a new APEX 2800. The driver package below contains the patch for this issue.
Note: Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) Drivers Package is specific to the ESXi version being used.
APEX 2800 driver release 2.3.0 includes support for the latest ESXi 5.1 update 1 release. Additional performance features have been added to improve display frame rates and bandwidth optimization. Please review the release notes within the downloadable zip file.
Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX)
- APEX PCIe Card reference T2800H0100, Rev 02
- APEX Low Profile PCIe card reference T2800H0101, Rev 01
- APEX MXM for HP Blade servers, card reference T2800H0200, Rev 01
- AHK DXM-A APEX for Dell Blade servers
- PCoIP devices should be running firmware release 4.0.3 (Tera2) or 4.0.2 (Tera1) or higher
- All VMware View soft and thin clients
ESXi Driver Release 2.3.1 tested with:
- ESXi 4.1 Express Patch 8, build number 1050704
- ESXi 5.0 Express Patch 5, build number 1117897
- ESXi 5.1 Update 1, build number 1065491
- ESXi 5.1 Express Patch 3, build number 1117900
VMware View Driver Release 2.3.1 tested with:
- VMware View 5.0, 5.0.1
- VMware View 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.2
- Vmware Horizon View 5.2
- Caching not supported on multi display PCoIP sessions. When more than one display is connected to a VM, the caching is not working, meaning bandwidth utilization will stay the same as with APEX 2800 drivers 2.2
- IMPORTANT: The installation of Drivers Package 2.3.1 in a new card installation may cause the installation to fail. This issue does not occur in environment that have a previous APEX 2800 software 2.x installed.
- Lower frame rates when using APEX on zero clients.
- APEX driver critical failure
The above known issues are under investigation. Please subscribe to this knowledge base item to receive updates.