Management Console 2.0.2 Release Notes¶
Release Status: General Availability (GA)
PCoIP Management Console release 2.0.2 is an important bug fix update to MC 2.0 Enterprise Edition, which includes support for up to 20,000 managed devices, multiple administration users, redesigned interface, additional discovery security options, multi-level device groups, recurring schedules, and improved profile and firmware update performance. It is compatible with Tera2 Zero Clients on firmware 5.0 or higher.
PCoIP® Management Console 2.0 is only available in the Enterprise Edition, which is a paid-for subscription product starting at an MSRP of $20 USD/zero client.
This article will provide a summary of compatibility notes, key feature additions, resolved issues and known issues for this firmware release.
- Either the zero client AWI or PCoIP Management Console 1.10.3 or 1.10.5 must be used to upgrade zero clients to firmware 5.0. PCoIP Management Console 2.0 cannot detect or manage devices on firmware versions prior to version 5.0.
- Zero Clients on firmware 5.0 can only be managed by PCoIP Management Console 2.0 or higher. PCoIP Management Console 1.x cannot detect or manage devices on firmware higher than 4.8.
- The PCoIP Management Console user guide provides additional information on how to upgrade Tera2 Zero Clients to Firmware 5.0.
- This release of PCoIP Management Console is unable to manage Remote Workstation Cards and Tera1 PCoIP Zero Clients. If you choose migrate to Zero Client Firmware 5.0 and PCoIP Management Console 2.0, then you will need to maintain PCoIP Management Console 1.10.3 or higher to manage Remote Workstation Cards.
- PCoIP Management Console 2.0 is only intended for use in managing PCoIP Tera2 Zero Clients from within a secured corporate network.
Important: PCoIP Management Console 2.0 must not be accessible from unsecured networks, such as the open Internet. Making PCoIP Management Console 2.0 accessible from the open Internet is an unsupported use of the product and will void any warranty.
- PCoIP Management Console 2.0 is available in the Enterprise Edition only, and requires a license to operate. Fill out the form at http://connect.teradici.com/tryMC to request an Enterprise Trial License. The user guide provides additional information on activating and managing licenses.
- This release of PCoIP Management Console requires an accessible Internet connection for licenses to be activated.
- PCoIP Management Console 2.0 cannot import databases from previous versions of PCoIP Management Console. However, migration instructions are available through the user guide for moving your deployment from earlier versions of PCoIP Management Console to PCoIP Management Console 2.0, and for how to import profiles from earlier versions of PCoIP Management Console to PCoIP Management Console 2.0.
- PCoIP Management Console 2.0 is not based on PCoIP Management Console 1.x. As a result, some features of PCoIP Management Console 1.x have not yet been implemented in 2.0. Those features are:
- Management of Workstation Access Cards
- Auto Config rules using DHCP options
- SCEP provisioning
- Persistent Auto Config (replaced in 2.0 with recurring schedules)
- Export of profiles
- Database import from previous versions of Management Console
- Console for configuring OS settings (e.g.: time zone, static addressing)
- This release is available as an OVA, for use with ESXi and other hypervisors compatible with the OVA format.