Teradici APEX 2800 Software 1.1.1 Release Notes
Release Status: General Availability
Teradici APEX 2800 Software 1.1.1 release is a maintenance release that includes compatibility with VMware updates. Note that APEX 2800 ESXi software is specifc to the ESXi version being used.
- Added support for VMware View 5.1
- Minor enhancements to resolve select known issues.
- The APEX 2800 ESXi drivers are specific to the ESXi release
- ESXi 4.1 Update 1, tested on build 348481
- ESXi 4.1 Update 2, tested on build 502767
- ESXi 5.0, tested on build 469512
- ESXi 5.0 Update 1, tested on build 623860
- VMware View™ 5.1, 5.0, 5.0.1 virtual desktops
- VMware View™ 4.6, 4.6.1 virtual desktops
- Deployments using PCoIP zero client devices to connect to View virtual desktops should install PCoIP firmware 3.5.0 or later on the zero client devices.
This update is recommended for customers using more than 14 characters for VM machine names and/or those seeing "Cannot create worldlet!" errors in the ESX host event logs.
Fixed an issue where displays were not offloaded for VM's with more than 14 characters in the name.
Fixed an issue where in rare cases, the View client with a display offloaded closed the connection abruptly.
Fixed an issue in the pcoip-ctrl -I informational output that showed an invalid value for the device utilization.
- Portrait mode is not supported if the display height is greater than 1200 pixels.
A 1680x1050 display is supported in landscape orientation since the display height of 1050 pixels is less than 1200.
A 1680x1050 display is not supported in portrait orientation since the display height of 1680 pixes is greater than 1200.
- Occasional deterioration of end user experience when under heavy pixel loads in constrained bandwidth or high packet loss environments.
Occasional update pause and cancellation of APEX offloading. In this case, the session will revert to PCoIP software encoding and then the display is eligible for offloading again.
APEX offloaded display frame rates can be occasionally lower when connecting with VMware View Clients. PCoIP zero clients do not exhibit this issue.
For additional details please see TER1112004_Issue4-Release_Note_APEX_2800
Note: ESX is not supported (ESXi only)