Tangent Animation reduces IT spend and simplifies expansion with virtual workstations on Amazon Web Services
With studios in Toronto and Winnipeg, Canada, Tangent Animation delivers computer-generated animation, live-action film production, visual effects, and software development. Films include the Netflix sci-fi feature Next Gen and the Spanish-Canadian co-production feature film Ozzy.
With Teradici CAS and AWS we pay for just the GPU power we need. An artist can log into a Blender instance powered by multiple NVIDIA T4 GPUs running the Quadro Virtual Workstation for crowd work and later log into an instance with a single GPU for simpler animation. Managing our IT costs this way leaves more budget for artists and technical staff—leading to a better product.
- Effectively manage IT resources and costs
- Deliver high production value without high workstation costs
- Comply with stringent security requirements
- Access top talent anywhere
- Teradici Cloud Access Software, used to securely access creative applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) with NVIDIA T4 graphics processing units (GPUs)
- Produced portion of animated feature film using virtual workstations on AWS
- Strengthened endpoint security: only encrypted pixels travel between the artist’s device and AWS
- Reduced IT costs by replacing local workstations with inexpensive thin clients
- Lowered barriers to operating in new cities for access to talent and tax incentives