Firesprite Games where team members build incredible games from home, on any device
Liverpool-based Firesprite Games was founded in 2012 with five people committed to creating incredible games on cutting-edge hardware. Today the team includes more than 130 people developing games for PCs and consoles. Among Firesprite’s top sellers for PCs and PlayStation are The Persistence, Airforce Special Ops: Nightfall, and The Playroom. In 2020, Firesprite was named one of the top 10 fastest-growing businesses in the North of England.
Even with just a 40Mbps home Internet connection, artists using Teradici CAS have an amazing experience with Maya, ZBrush, and Unreal Engine running on their office workstation—and can use Wacom devices. When we tested Remote Desktop, in contrast, artists needed a 100Mbps connection to use ZBrush. And even at that speed Unreal and Wacom devices were unusable.
- Enable game coders, designers, artists, and testers to work from home with a great experience
- Protect intellectual property
- Avoid the costs, delays, and security risks of shipping workstations to remote freelancers
- Installed Teradici Cloud Access Software on office workstations before pandemic lockdown
- Directed new hires to install Teradici client software on their personal Windows or Mac devices to remotely access their office workstation
- Will provide PCoIP-enabled thin clients to administrative employees when they return to the office
- Delivered outstanding remote workstation experience to employees hired during pandemic lockdown
- Strengthened security: content can’t be read or copied from a lost or stolen device
- Shortened development time: the initial sync for a 500GB game completes five hours faster over a 100Mbps connection
- Gained an edge in attracting and retaining top talent by supporting work from home