Visual effects leader quickly opens studios where the work is—with virtual workstations and Teradici CAS
DNEG is one of the world’s leading visual effects (VFX), animation, and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television. In the last few years, the company’s artists have received four Academy Awards, five BAFTA Awards, and eight Visual Effects Society Awards. DNEG has grown from one small studio in London to eleven principal offices in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Mohali, and Hyderabad.
Any VFX firm that’s not using virtual workstations is underutilizing its workstations, leading to higher costs. Teradici CAS is the best solution because Teradici understands VFX challenges and is committed to solving them.
- Gain the agility to quickly move into new office space and provide exactly the right number of workstations
- Deliver outstanding color accuracy and interactivity on Wacom pen-interface tablets
- Reduce workspace noise
- Stay compliant with industry security requirements
- Protect creative content and clients’ trust with “defense-in-depth” security strategy
- Virtualized artist workstations and housed them securely in a centralized data center
- Provided high-performance access to virtual workstations using Teradici CAS and PCoIP Zero Clients
- Continued using existing hardware and peripherals, including Wacom tablets
- Automated management of zero client endpoints with Teradici PCoIP Management Console
- Provisioned virtual workstations for 200 artists in new studio in record time
- Matched or exceeded performance of physical graphics workstations
- Covered the cost of Teradici software and zero client endpoints with savings from sharing server and storage resources among artists
- Increased security and complied with industry regulations by moving creative content off workstations