Updating Cloud Provider Information
Remote workstations that have been added into CAS Manager, or created by CAS Manager, can be associated to a cloud provider. This enables CAS Manager to use the credentials for that cloud provider to access the remote workstation and enable power management. The cloud provider in which the remote workstation resides in can be changed. This can be done if either the remote workstation has been moved, or if the workstation was set to the Private Cloud, and you want to update it and assign it to the actual cloud provider.
Editing the cloud provider and zone information will not change the location of the remote workstation. This feature enables CAS Manager to point to a different location to verify the remote workstation exists in the specified zone. If you do not have valid cloud credentials for a cloud provider you will not be able to change the remote workstation cloud provider.
The following section outlines how to update a remote workstation on the private cloud and associate it to a workstation in a public cloud:
- Click the kebab option under the ACTIONS column to edit the desired remote workstation.
- Click Edit.
- From the CLOUD INFORMATION panel click EDIT PROVIDER.
- Select the cloud provider the remote workstation belongs to.
- Select the region, resource group and zone, depending on the cloud provider, the remote workstation resides in.
- Select the remote workstation and update the provider.
If you enter the correct cloud provider and zone for the remote workstation you will receive a notification that it has been updated. The new zone, cloud provider and information will be listed on this page also.
If you enter an incorrect zone then you will receive an error message stating that the remote workstation does not exist in the entered zone.