Learn about customer success stories and experience with PCoIP solutions.
Engineers run multi-terabyte 3D simulations from zero clients and laptops—with PCoIP Technology and Teradici CAS
Bell is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Headquartered in Ft. Worth, Texas, the company serves customers in more than 120 countries. Among its distinctions: being the first to break the sound barrier, being the first to certify a commercial helicopter, and sending a vehicle aboard NASA’s first lunar mission.
The experience with PCoIP is indistinguishable from being in front of a local workstation. Image loading feels instantaneous and 3D models don’t go fuzzy when you spin them. Compared to other protocols we’ve tried, the PCoIP protocol lets us see the finer details and easily zoom in—for example, to look for wear.
- Provide powerful workstations for analysts to run complex 3D simulations with outstanding image fidelity
- Give analysts the flexibility work from either a zero client or laptop
- Comply with U.S. Department of Defense data security requirements
- Replaced under-the-desk workstations with rack workstations using Teradici CAS or PCoIP Remote Workstation Cards
- Gave analysts the flexibility to access their remote workstations from any device: PCoIP Zero Clients or laptops
- Replicated local workstation experience, including fidelity, model responsiveness and support for cut-and-paste and USB peripherals
- Accelerated testing—from hours to 30 minutes for a typical simulation
- Reduced test failure rate due to server outages because data center servers have redundant power supplies
- Strengthened security because data never leaves the data center: only encrypted pixels travel over the network
- Improved job satisfaction by providing option to work on laptops