Lewiston Library offers patrons quiet,
high-performance zero clients and virtual desktops.
Lewiston is located in North Central Idaho next to its sister city, Clarkston, Washington, in the Lewis-Clark Valley. Lewiston originally served as the territorial capitol, and today is one of the few communities in the state to operate under the Council/Manager form of government.
"With PCoIP zero clients, massive spreadsheets open instantly just as if they were in the same physical building with the central data center and storage arrays. Employees are thrilled – it works like we wish it had always worked."
Information Systems Manager
City of Lewiston, Idaho
- Increasing costs for supporting library patron PCs and employee desktops
- Need for faster roll-out of new applications
- Need to provide flexible and secure remote access to desktops for employees
- Virtual desktop infrastructure
- Teradici® PCoIP® Zero Clients
- Teradici® PCoIP® Hardware Accelerator
- Lower latency for graphically intense content; less downtime: Time savings for IT and employees
- Improved user experiences: Resilient library patron sessions; simplicity for employees (increased productivity)
- Flexible work options: Anytime, anywhere access to desktops
- Green solution: Quiet, low-power operation and small footprint for the library and offices