What Can You Connect To Using Your Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client?¶
Your Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client can connect to wide variety of host desktops and peripherals. This section provides an overview of your connection options. It describes:
Physically Setting Up a Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client
For instructions on how to physically set up a Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client and connect it to USB devices, monitors, and a network, see the Connecting the Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client to the Network and knowldege base article 1025. This guide has detailed instructions for each step of the installation process.
PCoIP Host Support¶
Tera2 PCoIP Zero Clients are pre-configured to connect directly to PCoIP Connection Manager or VMware Horizon brokers, but you can easily configure them for any session connection type. Tera2 PCoIP Zero Clients can connect to the following PCoIP host endpoints:
- PCoIP Remote Workstation Cards
- Teradici Cloud Access Software
- Amazon WorkSpaces Desktops
- VMware Horizon Desktops
The Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client supports the following devices:
- Monitors: Depending on the Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client model, you can attach up to four monitors.
- Analog devices: You can attach analog output devices such as headphones and speakers to the Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client’s analog output (line out) jack and analog input devices such as microphones and recording devices to the client’s analog input (line in) jack.
- USB devices: You can attach a variety of USB devices to your Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client. USB human interface device (HID) devices (for example, keyboards, mice, Wacom tablets) are locally terminated by the client. Non-HID devices (for example, mass storage devices, some printers, non-isochronous scanners) are automatically bridged when the USB permissions are set to allow the device. The drivers for many of these devices need to be installed in the host operating system (OS).
Supported Displays and Resolutions¶
Tera2 PCoIP Zero Clients support from one to four displays at the following resolutions:
|Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client Processor||Maximum No. of Supported Displays and Resolutions|
|TERA2321||2 x 1920x1200
1 x 2560x16001
|TERA2140||4 x 1920x1200
2 x 2560x16001
Tera2 PCoIP Zero Clients support 2560x1600 resolution on attached displays using either DVI (with Y-cable) or DisplayPort interfaces. For instructions on how to connect cables to Tera2 PCoIP Zero Clients with DVI and/or DisplayPort ports to support this resolution, see knowledge base article 1025. ↩↩