Zero Client to Remote Workstation Card via View Security Server (WAN)
The figure below shows a zero client establishing a PCoIP session with a remote workstation card over a WAN using a View Security Server and View Connection Server pair to authenticate and connect the endpoints.
Note: All remote workstation card scenarios assume you have the PCoIP host software installed on the host PC or workstation. For details, please see “PCoIP® Host Software for Windows User Guide” (TER1008001) in the Teradici Support Documentation Center. This scenario also assumes you have the VMware View Agent software installed on the host PC or workstation. For more information, see “Using PCoIP® Host Cards with VMware View” (TER0911004) in the Teradici Support Documentation Center. Please refer to Connection Prerequisites for other conditions that may apply.
Zero Client to Remote Workstation Card via View Security/Connection Server
To establish the connection:
Note: For more information about configuring View Connection Servers, please refer to VMware documentation.
- On the View Connection Server:
- Install View Agent on the host workstation.
- Create a manual pool that is configured to support PCoIP hardware, and then add the workstation to the pool.
- Define the pairing password (and pairing timeout) that will be used to pair the View Connection Server and View Security Server.
- On the View Security Server:
- Pair the View Security Server with the View Connection Server.
- Enable the Use Secure Tunnel connection to desktop and Use PCoIP Secure Gateway for PCoIP connections to desktop check boxes.
- Enter the View Security Server's IP address for the External URL (e.g., https://22.214.171.124:443) and for the PCoIP External URL (e.g.,126.96.36.199:4172). This is the WAN-facing address that remote clients can resolve. Only the port number is different for the two addresses.
- On your firewall or router:
- Allow both TCP and UDP traffic on port 4172 and TCP traffic on port 443.
- From the zero client's AWI:
- Configure the View Connection Server session connection type, and enter the DNS name or external IP address of the View Security Server.
- Start a PCoIP session.
- If necessary, adjust bandwidth and image parameters on both the host and client to optimize performance.
For information on optimizing networks for VMware Horizon connections, please log in to the Teradici Support Site and see the following Knowledge Base topics: