VDI, PCoIP, and GPU technology enables anywhere
access to desktops, oil & gas applications.
Established in 2005, Fairfield Energy is a UK-focused independent E&P (exploration and production) company participating in the realignment of North Sea asset ownership. The company’s enhanced exploration approach builds on its initial hydrocarbon- led strategy that concentrated on appraisal and development of oil and gas.
"Today, employees can access their desktops from anywhere – an iPad in the airport, a laptop in Hawaii, or their PC or Mac at home. They can get full 3D graphics and enjoy fully hardware-accelerated sessions, which many of our applications require."
IT Manager, Fairfield Energy
- Cost-effectively deploying and managing desktops for broad use cases (offices, engineers, platform personnel)
- Application delivery (specialized, expensive industry applications requiring high-end graphics)
- Keeping desktop systems up-to-date
- VMware® Horizon™ View™ Virtual desktop infrastructure
- Teradici® PCoIP® Zero Clients
- Teradici PCoIP Remote Workstation Card
- Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator
- NVIDIA® GRID GPUs and software
- Easy deployment: fast out-of-box start-up of PCoIP Zero Clients, by non-technical staff
- Mobility: desktop sessions accessible from home, conference rooms, and on the road (choice of devices)
- Scalable, flexible compute model: shared resources (including GPUs) can be added as needed; easy introduction of cloud and other emerging services
- Efficiency: small IT staff can centrally support multi-site organization (including offshore desktops)