Yale-New Haven Health System Gains Rapid WiFi
Access of Desktops on PCoIP Optimized Thin Clients
The primary teaching hospital for Yale School of Medicine, Yale-New Haven Health System (YNHHS) is a non-profit, 1,541 bed tertiary medical center providing care in more than 100 medical specialty areas. YNHHS spans four hospital campuses, and is a flagship member of the Yale-New Haven Health System.
"Our goal from the start was to be able to manage endpoints more easily. With Teradici PCoIP technology, we have met that goal and can better support the healthcare providers."
Engineer, Servers And Virtualization
Yale-New Haven Health System
- Giving doctors and nurses rapid anywhere access to their desktops
- Maximizing the user experience regardless of network performance
- Reducing the amount of ITS time required for desktop issues and support
- Leverage existing VMware® Horizon ViewTM servers
- Replace all endpoints with Dell ThinOS clients equipped with Teradici® PCoIP® technology
- Faster client start-up: New endpoints start up and open virtual desktop sessions in seconds instead of minutes
- Device support: USB redirection feature seamlessly maps devices to virtual sessions
- True mobility: No more dropped WiFi connections while roaming between access points
- Recovered IT time: The new endpoints give ITS a “set-it-and-forget-it” approach for hardware support