Which servers are compatible with the APEX 2800 server offload card?
- The APEX 2800 requires a PCIe x8 slot (electrical), which can accommodate a full height, half length card.
- The APEX 2800 LP requires a PCIe x4 slot (electrical) which can accommodate a half height, half length card (also known as low profile).
When will you be supporting the APEX 2800 in blade servers?
- We will have an APEX mezzanine card for the HP Gen8 blade server available in early 2013. Please note that you will require release 2.2 for the APEX 2800 MXM card.
- We are actively discussing the opportunity to bring APEX into the mezzanine form factor for other OEM blade servers.
I have release 1.1.0 installed, am I eligible for the 2.0 update?
- Yes, all existing APEX customers are eligible to update to release 2.x free of charge.
Do you recommend the update to 2.0?
- Yes, as it includes some bug fixes. However, it is not required if you are happy with the current release installed with your hardware.
- Customers buying the APEX 2800 LP must install release 2.1 or later.
How do you configure the maximum display resolution for the card? Do I need to change anything else for the number of offloaded displays to be reset?
- The admin guide, available at techsupport.teradici.com, details the command line to set up the display resolutions that best fit your environment. The card then automatically calculates the maximum number of displays that it can offload – no other intervention is required.
The APEX 2800 doesn’t seem to be recognized by the server, what can it be?
The two main reasons for not having the card enumerating are:
- If you have the APEX 2800, the card might be plugged into a PCIe slot that is not x8 electrical. This problem is not expected with the APEX 2800 LP.
- The drivers installed don’t correspond to the ESXi version used. It is important that you use the right ESXi driver version.
When will VMware View support physical GPU?
- Physical GPU support requires ESXi 5.1 as the version of the hypervisor and is expected to be supported in VMware View 5.x, to be released in early 2013.
Where can I buy APEX cards?
- APEX is sold through Teradici’s Distribution Channel. To find a reseller in your area, click here
Will APEX work with shared GPU?
- Yes. Both products are complementary, providing the best user experience from the data center to the end-point.