PCoIP Remote Workstation Card Firmware 4.9.0 Release Notes¶
PCoIP Remote Workstation Card Firmware 4.9 includes security and stability fixes. This firmware is specific to Tera2 Remote Workstation Cards.
These release notes provide a summary of key feature additions, compatibility notes, known issues and workarounds, and resolved issues for this firmware release.
What's New in This Release¶
This release includes the following security improvements:
- The certificate for the administrative web interface (AWI) has been updated to a SHA-256 certificate.
- TLS 1.0 web browser connections are no longer permitted.
Firmware session security mode has been improved as follows:
- TLS Security Mode – This setting has two options available:
- Suite B - This setting has not changed in this release.
- Maximum Compatibility - This setting allows use of cipher suites used by older PCoIP Remote Workstation Cards and clients. The full list of supported ciphers has been expanded as listed below, by their protocol and names:
Blacklisted Cipher Suites – enables an administrator to select cipher suites (by protocol name) that should not be used. This setting should be used when security advisories are issued against specific suites.
Important Notes and Requirements¶
- If you are connecting your workstation to Tera2 Zero Clients with an attached Wacom Tablet, you require Tera2 Zero Client firmware version 4.8.2-p90.
- Firmware 4.5.1 or 4.6.0 will be used as a minimum firmware required prior to moving to any newer release of PCoIP firmware.
- The .pcoip combined file format is to be used with PColP Management Console 1.10.3 and higher, and is not supported in earlier PColP Management Console releases. The combined file format contains firmware 4.8.2 for Tera2 Zero Clients, and firmware 4.7.5 for Remote Workstation Cards.
Related Documents and Software¶
- PCoIP Remote Workstation Card 4.9 Administrators' Guide
- PCoIP Host Software for Windows 4.3.1
- Tera2 Zero Client Firmware 4.8.2 Release Notes
- PCoIP Host Software for Linux 4.7.0
|4.9.0||November 2016||Security and stability fixes|
Operating System Compatibility
|Compatible Operating Systems|
|Client endpoint||Windows 10|
|Client endpoint||Windows 8.1 (64-bit)|
|Client endpoint||Windows 7 (64-bit)|
|Client endpoint||Windows 7 (32-bit)|
|Client endpoint||Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)|
|Client endpoint||Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10)|
|Host endpoint||Windows 7 (64-bit)|
|Host endpoint||Linux RHEL 7.1|
|Host endpoint||Linux CentOS 7.1|
Teradici Product Compatibility
|Compatible Teradici Products|
|Client and hosts||Tera2 PCoIP Zero Clients|
|Client and hosts||PCoIP Software Clients for Windows and Mac|
|Client and hosts||PCoIP Mobile Clients|
PCoIP Management Console Compatibility
|Tera2 Remote Workstation Card Firmware||Tera2 Zero Client Firmware||PCoIP Management Console Version||Tera1 Zero Client Firmware||Tera1 Remote Workstation Card Firmware|
|4.9.0 (not supported by MC 2.0 or higher)||5.3.0||2.0 or higher||EOL||EOL|
|4.7.5 (not supported by MC 2.0 or higher)||5.1.1||2.0 or higher||EOL||EOL|
|4.9.0||4.8.2, 4.8.2 -p90 for Wacom Tablet users||1.10.3-1.10.7||4.7.3||4.7.1|
|4.7.5||4.8.0 -p90 for Wacom Tablet users||1.10.3-1.10.5||4.7.3||4.7.1|
- Deployments using Tera2 Zero Clients running firmware 5.0.0 must use PCoIP Management Console 2.x to manage Tera2 Zero Clients. However, PCoIP Remote Workstation Cards are not supported by PCoIP Management Console 2.0 or higher. To manage Remote Workstation Cards, PCoIP Management Console 1.x.x is required.
- Tera1 products: While mixed firmware release operation is not tested, firmware up to 4.7.1 is compatible with 4.7.0, 4.6.0, 4.5.1, 4.2.x, 4.1.x, 4.0.x, 3.5.x, 3.4.x, 3.3.x 3.2.x and 3.1.x releases.
- Tera2 Products (applies to firmware releases after 4.7.x): Teradici recommends using the latest version of zero client firmware with the latest version of Remote Workstation Card firmware.