PCoIP High Performance Client¶
The PCoIP Software Client has a high performance mode that can be enabled through the
Teradici PCoIP Client.ini file. The PCoIP High Performance client enables higher frame rates with fewer dropped frames than the default PCoIP Software Client. This mode is especially beneficial for 4K video workloads up to 30fps.
PCoIP High Performance Client Limitations
The PCoIP High Performance Client is recommended for customers wishing to optimize the presentation of high frame rate content such as video or animations. Teradici does not recommend using the PCoIP High Performance Client for majority use cases, and instead it is a case specific enhancement at this time as it contains certain limitations.
To enable the high performance mode of the PCoIP Client, set the following value:
%appdata%\Teradici\Teradici PCoIP Client.ini enable_native_opengl=1
- Compatible for fullscreen, all monitors only. You cannot use windowed mode.
- Menus are not available.
- To disconnect use ctrl-alt-F12.
- Use the
vidpid-auto-forwardcommand on the command line to connect usb peripherals, such as Wacom, when launching the PCoIP Client. For information on how to use the
vidpid-auto-forwardcommand, see here.
- You can minimize the client by using ctrl-alt-m.
Statistics Overlay on the High Performance Client¶
The statistics overlay feature on the High Performance Client displays the following information:
- Codec: This reports the current PCoIP encoding that is in use. Possible values for this include PCoIP Ultra CPU, PCoIP Ultra GPU and PCoIP.
- Encoding: This reports the color space that is being used to encode the information. PCoIP and PCoIP Ultra CPU offload will report RGB 8:8:8 which means full 8 bit RGB pixels are being used. For PCoIP Ultra GPU optimization, either YUV 4:4:4 or YUV 4:2:0 will be used, depending on the system configuration.
- HW Decode: This reports whether or not the PCoIP Client is decoding the frames using built-in GPU hardware decoding.
- FPS: This reports the current frames per second that are presented on the PCoIP Client.
The image below is an example of a statistics overlay on the High Performance Client:
To enable the statistics overlay on the high performance client, add the following to the
Teradici PCoIP Client.ini file:
To toggle visibility of the statistics overlay press ctrl-Win-`.