Troubleshooting USB Devices
The following sections outline potential issues and workarounds that may occur with USB Devices on the PCoIP Software Client for macOS.
USB Kernel Extension¶
If the USB kernel extension file, usb-mediator.kext, fails to load, run the following commands to resolve the issue:
- Open a terminal shell and run:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Applications/PCoIPClient.app/Contents/MacOS/usb-mediator.kext
- Then run the following command:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Applications/PCoIPClient.app/Contents/MacOS/usb-mediator.kext
- Finally clear the kextcache by running the following command:
sudo kextcache --clear-staging
USB Device Pressure Sensitivity¶
The PCoIP Software Client for macOS may encounter issues with Wacom pressure sensitivity. This is as a USB handling restriction on macOS Catalina. It occurs when you want to load the USB Kernel Extension at session start up. The following workaround can be used on OSX Catalina to enable kext (Kernel extension) specifically:
- Run the following command:
sudo kextload /Applications/PCoIPClient.app/Contents/MacOS/usb-mediator.kext
- You will receive the following error:
/Applications/PCoIPClient.app/Contents/MacOS/usb-mediator.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)`
- Open your System Preferences.
- Select Security and Privacy.
- Select the General tab and you will be asked to approve the kext from Teradici.
- Approve the kext and the device will be visible and available as a connection in the client.
Wacom Tablet Connection
Another common problem that user's are running into that causes pressure sensitivity is they are not connecting the Wacom tablet to the remote workstation. It is important to understand that even if you are using a Wacom table that supports local termination, you need to connect the Wacom table to the remote workstation.