The PCoIP Software Client for Linux now supports USB webcams when connecting to a PCoIP Agent for Windows. USB webcams can now be used while in the remote desktop, including with applications such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
For detailed information which models have been tested and the performance metrics associated with these models see here. This knowledge base article also deals steps on how to test and verify other webcam models.
As of 21.07, this feature is enabled by default.
Webcam support in Cloud Access Software requires the following:
- PCoIP Software Client for Windows or PCoIP Software Client for Linux, 21.07+
- PCoIP Standard Agent for Windows or PCoIP Graphics Agent for Windows, 21.03+
- USB-attached webcam.
Notes and Limitations¶
- Webcams must be connected via USB. Webcams that are not USB, such as embedded laptop webcams, are not supported.
- Linux agents are not supported.
- PCoIP Software Client for macOS is not supported.
On the PCoIP Software Client, connect the webcam as described in the following sections: