Frequently Asked Questions¶
Can I use a screensaver?¶
Yes. However, a blank, static screensaver will provide the most efficient CPU ane network bandwidth usage.
How quickly does a PCoIP agent complete a connection?¶
PCoIP agents can usually achieve a connection in 15 to 30 seconds. Teradici uses the statistical value Top Percentile (TP) to measure the time to establish a session:
- TP99: Ninety-nine percent of connections complete in under 30 seconds.
- TP50: Fifty percent of connections complete in under 15 seconds.
What do I need to know about power management?¶
Hosts with Windows power management enabled may drop PCoIP connections when turning off displays or going to sleep. If this behavior is undesirable, these Windows power management features should be turned off.
To disable Windows power management features:
- From the Windows Control Panel, open Power Options.
- Click Change plan settings next to the enabled power plan.
- Select Never from the drop-down list for Turn off the display
- Select Never in the drop-down list for Put the computer to sleep.
- Click Save changes.
Why is my application not sending audio?¶
The PCoIP agent delivers audio over PCoIP connections by reassigning the system's default audio device. Only applications that use the system default audio device will send or receive audio over PCoIP; applications that are configured to use non-default devices will not work. If you don't hear audio from your application, make sure it is configured to use the system default audio device.
I'm using Teradici Cloud Licensing. What network blocks should I leave open?¶
If you are using Teradici Cloud Licensing, you will need to whitelist the following:
Alternatively, you can also ensure the following network blocks are whitelisted:
- Production: 126.96.36.199/24
- Disaster Recovery: 188.8.131.52/24
The following network blocks are not currently in use, but may also be used in the future:
- Production: 184.108.40.206/24
- Disaster Recovery: 220.127.116.11/24