Teradici PCoIP Standard Agent for Windows 20.10 ¶
This documentation is intended for administrators who are deploying the Standard Agent for Windows as part of a Teradici Cloud Access Software deployment. It assumes thorough knowledge of conventions and networking concepts, including firewall configuration.
Although many agent features and settings can be configured using the Windows user interface, some administrative tasks require use of Windows command line tools. Users should be familiar with both cmd and PowerShell.
About the PCoIP Standard Agent for Windows¶
The PCoIP Standard Agent for Windows is part of the Teradici Cloud Access Software. It enables Teradici customers to deliver virtual Windows desktops or custom applications to remote users. End users connect to their virtual desktops with a PCoIP client, either directly or via a connection broker.
Administrators can optionally allow end users to customize their desktops and install or uninstall applications.
Typical end users of the PCoIP Standard Agent include task workers and knowledge workers who need a Windows desktop, but do not require high-end GPU-powered graphics applications.
A deployed Standard Agent for Windows requires these components:
- A host machine which provides the desktop to remote clients. The host can be physical or virtual, in the cloud, or in a data center. See System Requirements for more information.
- The Standard Agent for Windows software installed on the host machine.
Where to Find Information about Other Components¶
This guide describes the Standard Agent for Windows.
For complete information about all of the components used in PCoIP ecosystems, including architectural diagrams and deployment suggestions, see one of the following documents:
Cloud Access Software architectures and descriptions:
For more information about PCoIP clients, see one of the following:
- Teradici PCoIP Software Client 20.10 for Windows Administrators' Guide
- Teradici PCoIP Software Client 20.10 for macOS Administrators' Guide
- Teradici PCoIP Software Client for 20.10 Linux Administrators' Guide
- Tera2 PCoIP Zero Client 20.01 Administrators' Guide
For information about Cloud Access licensing, see our Licensing FAQ. Most PCoIP systems use PCoIP Cloud Licensing. For systems using a local PCoIP License server instead, refer to the following guides: