Service Account and API Access
Anyware Manager as a Service provides direct API access in the Anyware Manager as a Service service. API's are an advanced way of interacting with the service, which enables you to integrate it into your business systems or to automate your use of the service for your specific needs.
Teradici Advantage Partner Program
To access and use the Anyware Manager as a Service APIs, you must be a member of the Teradici Advantage Partner Program (TAPP) or have been pre-approved by Teradici. Contact Teradici here for more information.
Service Accounts: There are two types of service accounts that you can create with the Admin Console:
Anyware Manager Service Accounts
The Anyware Manager service account is an account that is created from the Admin Console for the purpose of creating future deployments and deployment service accounts through the Anyware Manager as a Service APIs. The Anyware Manager service account cannot perform any actions within a deployment, and so further actions to a deployment require the deployment service account, which is outlined below. For information on creating a Anyware Manager service account, see here.
Deployment Service Accounts
Deployment service accounts are specific accounts that can only perform actions against the deployment, such as adding remote workstations. The deployment in this case is the deployment the service account is created within. They cannot perform actions against any other deployment. For information on creating a deployment service account, see here.
API Access Token¶
The API Access Token can be used to enable a user to operate at a level above deployments, such as creating a new deployment. The API Access Token is only valid for a limited period of time. This token also acts as an authorization token that can be used when performing an account ownership transfer, as outlined in the Account Ownership section of the Anyware Manager as a Service guide.
For more detailed information on accessing the Anyware Manager as a Service APIs, see https://cas.teradici.com/api/docs.
Creating a Anyware Manager Service Account¶
You can create a Anyware Manager service account from within the Admin Console. The following steps outline how to create a Anyware Manager service account.
- Click on your account name and select Anyware Manager service account.
- Click the + icon from the CAM service account page and name your new account.
- Once you have created the Anyware Manager service account download the JSON file or copy the key id. Ensure that you store the file securely as this key cannot be recovered if lost.
- Go to the Service Account Keys section of the Anyware Manager as a Service API documentation for the required APIs to use this key to create a deployment.
Creating and Assigning a Deployment Service Account¶
You can create and assign a deployment service account to a deployment through the Deployments option within the Anyware Manager as a Service Admin Console. The following steps outline how to add a deployment service account to an existing deployment:
- Click on your deployment from the console dropdown to display your existing deployments.
- Click the kebab icon and click Edit deployment to display the deployment properties page.
- Under the Deployment Service Accounts tab click the + sign to create a service account.
- Once the service account has been created it will return service account information. This information should be saved as a JSON file in a secure location, as it can only be retrieved once. It will return a Anyware Manager as a Service API token that you can use to query the Anyware Manager as a Service APIs. This token is only authorized to access resources associated to the deployment that service account is associated with.
All deployment service accounts associated with a specific deployment will be listed on the deployment page. You can delete deployment service accounts from this page. For information on using the deployment service accounts and deployment service keys with the Anyware Manager as a Service APIs, see here.
Obtaining a Anyware Manager as a Service API Access Token¶
API access tokens permit you to enable other tools and applications to interact with Anyware Manager as a Service through public APIs. The access token has tenant level permissions, which enables you to access all of a user's resources from any deployment.
To obtain a Anyware Manager as a Service API Access token:
- Click Get API token from the user account icon within the Admin Console. You will receive the following message:
You need to copy the token as it will expire after a period of time.
Teradici Advantage Partner Program
To access and use the Anyware Manager as a Service APIs, you must be a member of the Teradici Advantage Partner Program (TAPP) or have been pre-approved by HP. Contact HP here for more information.