Adding a Remote Workstation
You can add an existing remote workstation you created within the Admin Console, or one created in your cloud environment to a deployment. You can also view and add available resource groups if the remote workstation has valid cloud credentials. The remote workstation must have a PCoIP Agent installed on it and be visible to the Connector. You must have a valid CAS Software registration code and the remote workstation, and user, must be part of the deployments active directory domain. Any remote workstations that have a PCoIP Agent installed must be domain joined.
The following steps outlines how to add an existing remote workstation to your deployment using the Admin Console:
- Click Workstations from the console sidebar.
- Click the Add Remote Workstation button and click Add existing remote workstation to display the Add a Remote Workstation panel.
Select a Cloud Services Provider.
- If your remote workstation has AWS credentials select the AWS region.
- If your remote workstation has Azure credentials you can view and select available resource groups from the resource groups tab.
- If your remote workstation has GCP credentials select the GCP region where your remote workstation resides, as well as the GCP zone.
- If your remote workstation is on the Private Cloud you can search for, and add, these remote workstations. They must be domain joined and have a PCoIP Agent installed. If you want to add remote workstations that are not domain joined, you can click DEFINE YOUR OWN MACHINES and enter the name of the remote workstation and add it. The Connector can connect to this remote workstation by a FQDN or an IP address. If you are using an IP address, ensure it is static or persistently assigned to the remote workstation in question.
Select the remote workstations you want to add.
Select how you want to manage adding users to these remote workstations. You can individually select users, add users later or use workstations pools.
- Click SAVE.
The remote workstation should now appear on the Workstations page.