Teradici Enables Microsoft Solution Providers to Deliver Simple, Seamless and Security-enhanced Virtual Workspaces and Vertical Solutions
BURNABY, British Columbia – July 14, 2015 – Teradici®, developer of PCoIP® technology for security-enhanced virtual workspaces, today announced the availability of the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform on Microsoft Azure.
The new offering will enable Microsoft partners to quickly and easily build and deliver high-performance virtual workspaces and vertical applications on Azure via Teradici’s extensible platform.
Featuring Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and a Software Development Kit (SDK), the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform accelerates time to market with easy-to-integrate components for developing differentiated and customized offerings.
“Microsoft is one of the world’s leading cloud providers and hosts a vast ecosystem of innovative partners who are building unique end-user computing solutions on its open, flexible and scalable cloud infrastructure,” says Dan Cordingley, president and CEO of Teradici. “With the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform, Microsoft partners can unlock the full potential of Azure to deliver enhanced workspaces and applications that are accessible anywhere, on any device.”
Built for the cloud, the platform helps Microsoft partners deliver virtual workspaces and vertical solutions to end-point devices via pixels (not data) ensuring enhanced security and a high-quality remote user experience - with lossless delivery across all types of network conditions.
“The Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform gives our partners the ability to deliver full fidelity workspaces, hosted on Microsoft Azure, without compromising performance,” says Nicole Herskowitz, senior director of product marketing, Microsoft Azure. “Teradici’s innovative platform complements our cloud solutions, and enables security conscious organizations in government, education, finance, and healthcare to benefit from security-enhanced zero client end points."
The Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform helps Microsoft partners and their end users benefit from:
- The power of Azure: The platform components integrate with the complete Microsoft Azure Stack to deliver VDI-based desktops, session-based desktops and customized vertical solution
- Accelerated time-to-value: The Teradici Microsoft Reference Solution with easy-to-integrate components enables partners to build and deliver virtual workspaces and vertical solutions quickly and easily.
- Highly secure: All data remains in the data center and an image of the workspace or application is sent via encrypted pixels removing cloud security concerns.
- Seamless user experience: The platform ensures a high-quality user experience that users feel inches, not miles, away from data - even in the most demanding graphic-intensive computing environments.
- Anywhere, anytime access: In addition to security-enhanced, easy-to-manage PCoIP Zero Clients, the platform supports a broad range of other end-point devices to meet a wide variety of user needs including flexible software clients and mobile clients for BYOD scenarios.
- Purpose-built use: Providers can deliver customized solutions based on the demands of their customers by using open APIs and SDKs and Azure services to build truly unique and innovative virtual offerings.
The Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform works with Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Broker, Remote Desktop Web Access and Microsoft Hyper-V to deliver a variety of solutions on Azure public and private clouds.
Microsoft solution providers can simply overlay the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform on top of an existing Microsoft Remote Desktop Services deployment to deliver high quality virtual workspaces and vertical solutions. Additionally, they can use the full spectrum of Microsoft management and provisioning tools.
For more information on the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform, visit: www.teradici.com/pervasivecomputing
Teradici is a technology leader for creating secure virtual workspaces. The company’s PCoIP technology powers the spectrum of local, remote, mobile and collaborative work styles, fundamentally simplifying how computing is provisioned, managed, and used throughout virtual and cloud environments. The world’s largest cloud computing companies rely on PCoIP technology to fulfill the promise of the cloud – an outstanding user experience, securely delivered to any device, anywhere. Teradici customers include Fortune 500 enterprises and institutions around the world, local and federal government agencies, and cloud and service providers. Teradici was founded in 2004, and is headquartered in British Columbia. For more information, visit www.teradici.com.
Teradici and PCoIP are trademarks of Teradici Corporation and are registered in the United States and/or other countries. Any other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus
Neil Desai, +1-415-856-5150