Company demonstrates PCoIP zero client, remote workstation, hardware accelerator and network optimization solutions at Booth G215
Burnaby, British Columbia – October 10, 2013 – Teradici, the developer of the PCoIP® protocol, announced today that it will be exhibiting the company’s full range of PCoIP zero client, remote workstation, hardware acceleration and network optimization solutions in booth G215 at VMworld Europe 2013 next week, from October 15 through 17.
At the show, Teradici will also celebrate the shipment of its one millionth PCoIP Zero Client with the lucky winner of an all-expenses-paid trip to this year’s show in Barcelona, Spain. Artie Horn, systems engineer at North Kansas City Hospital, was chosen in a random drawing on September 24, 2013 from nearly 1,200 entries into the Teradici 1M Zero Client Contest. See 1M Zero Client Contest Winner.
“We’re delighted that Artie is joining us to commemorate this milestone achievement,” said Diane Merrick, vice president of marketing, Teradici. “North Kansas City Hospital’s success with Teradici PCoIP zero clients and Imprivata healthcare IT security solutions is a fitting example of the one-million great customer experiences we’ve delivered over the years alongside our incredible partners.”
Live demonstrations at Teradici booth G215 will include:
- PCoIP Zero Client – Providing secure, high performance and easily managed endpoints, PCoIP Zero Client solutions are simple to deploy, consume little power, and work with VMware Horizon View™ and PCoIP remote workstation cards. Teradici PCoIP Zero Client solutions provide the best end-user experience, as well as secure and convenient roaming desktop access. Learn how to deploy PCoIP zero clients in under 5 minutes using the Teradici PCoIP Management Console.
Teradici will also be presenting at two breakout sessions during VMworld Europe:
- PCoIP Network Optimization – Using Cisco Network-based Application Recognition, PCoIP Network Optimization enables support for QoS and PCoIP traffic classification, thereby improving end-user experience and providing enhanced quality of service.
- PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) – Ensuring a consistent end-user experience, the Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator increases consolidation ratios, even during peak workloads. Teradici high-performance PCoIP hardware acceleration solutions achieve the highest quality end-user experience for heavy graphics workloads in a VMware Horizon View environment.
- PCoIP Remote Workstation – Offering a virtual desktop experience to remote workstation users, the Teradici PCoIP Remote Workstation solution is a suite of hardware and software products that enable power users to access their workstation locally or from the cloud without any loss of graphics performance. Sourced from a single location without replication of data, this high-fidelity virtual workspace makes it possible for knowledge workers to be productive anywhere within a secure environment.
- When: Wednesday, Oct 16 from 11:20 - 11:50 am
What: This session will provide an analysis of the key advantages of PCoIP zero clients over repurposed PC’s or thin clients, including an overview of simple management and security practices related to PCoIP zero client deployments.
Who: Ziad Lammam, director of product management, Teradici
Where: Solution Theater Presentation
- Performance Workstation on VDI: A Dream Comes True
For more information on Teradici announcements and promotions at VMworld Europe 2013, please visit www.teradici.com/vmworld.
- When: Thursday, October 17 from 10:30 - 11:30 am
What: This session will review the considerations and elements for viable high-end workstation deployments using VMware Horizon View, including physical GPU support, I/O considerations on local workstations, and PCoIP protocol acceleration.
Who: Olivier Favre, director of product management, Teradici
Where: Breakout Session #EUC5848
Teradici technology is the fabric of the virtual workspace. It powers the spectrum of local, remote, mobile and collaborative work styles, fundamentally simplifying how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
Teradici PCoIP technology is deployed throughout virtual and cloud environments, in zero clients, hardware accelerators, standalone workstations and mobile devices. Simple, green, and cost-effective, the Teradici PCoIP virtual workspace architecture delivers a secure, high-definition, highly responsive computing experience.
Teradici customers benefit from a broad PCoIP ecosystem of innovative products and services, and include Fortune 500 enterprises and institutions around the world, local and federal government agencies, and cloud and service providers.
Teradici was founded in 2004, and is headquartered in British Columbia.
Teradici and PCoIP are trademarks of Teradici Corporation and may be registered in the United States and/or other countries. Any other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
Lisa Washington, +1-408-961-8328
Heather Fitzsimmons, +1-650-800-7160