Company to demonstrate PCoIP zero client, remote workstation, hardware acceleration & network optimization solutions
Burnaby, British Columbia – August 22, 2013 – Teradici, the developer of the PCoIP® protocol, announced today that it will be exhibiting its full range of PCoIP zero client, remote workstation, hardware acceleration and network optimization solutions in booth #905 at VMworld 2013 in San Francisco next week, from August 25 through 29.
At the show, Teradici will also commemorate the shipment of its one millionth PCoIP zero client with a promotional giveaway of an all-expenses-paid trip to VMworld Europe 2013 in Barcelona from October 15 through 17. To enter, attendees can go to booth #905 or Teradici.com/onemillion. The contest closes on September 23, 2013 at 5 p.m. PST, and the lucky winner will be selected in a random drawing on September 24, 2013.
“VMworld has proven to be a successful and effective show for us time and again,” said Diane Merrick, Vice President of Marketing for Teradici. “We’re delighted to celebrate our milestone achievement of one million zero client shipments through our incredible partner ecosystem, and look forward to showcasing our full line of PCoIP solutions for this year’s attendees.”
Live demonstrations of Teradici’s PCoIP solutions will include:
- PCoIP Zero Client – Providing secure, high performance and easily managed endpoints, PCoIP Zero Client solutions are simple to deploy, consume little power, and work with VMware Horizon View™ and PCoIP remote workstation cards. Teradici PCoIP Zero Client solutions provide the best end-user experience, as well as secure and convenient roaming desktop access. Learn how to deploy PCoIP zero clients in under 5 minutes using the Teradici PCoIP Management Console.
- PCoIP Remote Workstation – Offering a virtual desktop experience to remote workstation users, the Teradici Remote Workstation solution is a suite of hardware and software products that enable power users to access their workstation locally or from the cloud without any loss of graphics performance. Sourced from a single location without replication of data, this high-fidelity virtual workspace makes it possible for knowledge workers to be productive anywhere within a secure environment.
- PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800) – Ensuring a consistent end-user experience, the Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator increases consolidation ratios, even during peak workloads. Teradici high-performance PCoIP hardware acceleration solutions achieve the highest quality end-user experience for heavy graphics workloads in a VMware Horizon View environment.
- PCoIP Network Optimization – Using Cisco Network-based Application Recognition, PCoIP Network Optimization enables support for QoS and PCoIP traffic classification, thereby improving end-user experience and providing enhanced quality of service.
Teradici is also presenting at two breakout sessions at VMworld San Francisco:
- Choosing a PCoIP Zero Client Strategy to Get the Most Out of Your VDI Investment
When: Monday, August 26 from 11:20 - 11:50 am
What: This session will provide an analysis of the key advantages of PCoIP zero clients over repurposed PC’s or thin clients, including an overview of simple management and security practices related to PCoIP zero client deployments.
Who: Ziad Lammam, director of product management, Teradici
Where: Solutions Exchange Theater
- Performance Workstation on VDI: A Dream Comes True
When: Wednesday, August 28 from 10:00 - 11:00 am
What: This session will review the considerations and elements for viable high-end workstation deployments using VMware Horizon View, including physical GPU support, I/O considerations on local workstations, and PCoIP protocol acceleration.
Who: Randy Groves, chief technology officer, Teradici and James Mauser, computer applications at Florida Atlantic University
Where: Breakout Session #EUC5848
For more information on Teradici announcements and promotions at VMworld 2013, please visit www.teradici.com/vmworld
Teradici PCoIP virtual workspaces change everything about the way you work. From where you work to what you work on. It’s where data remains secure and users experience the freedom of a flexible workspace on any device, anywhere. Simple, flexible, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible, our PCoIP technology is the fabric of better computing.
Teradici technology is the fabric of the virtual workspace. Teradici powers the spectrum of local, remote, mobile and collaborative workstyles, fundamentally simplifying how computing is provisioned, managed and used. The company’s PCoIP technology is deployed end-to-end in virtual environments, from hardware accelerators to zero clients, standalone workstations and mobile devices. Simple, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible, PCoIP technology delivers a secure, high-definition computing experience. Teradici customers benefit from a broad ecosystem of innovative software and hardware products, and include Fortune 500 enterprises and institutions around the world, local and federal government agencies, and cloud and service providers.
Teradici was founded in 2004, and is headquartered in California and British Columbia.
Teradici and PCoIP are trademarks of Teradici Corporation and may be registered in the United States and/or other countries. Any other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.