Managing End Users and Remote Workstations with Cloud Access Manager¶
Cloud Access Manager enables you to create and manage end users and remote workstations that exist within your environment.
The Cloud Access Manager Management Interface¶
There are a number of options from the left side bar of the Cloud Access Manager management interface that enable you to perform a wide variety of functions.
The Users tab on the Cloud Access Manager management interface enables you to:
- Create new users.
- View existing users and the remote workstations assigned to them.
- Assign remote workstations to users.
- Disable existing users.
The Remote Workstations tab on the Cloud Access Manager management interface enables you to:
- Create new remote workstations.
- Add remote workstations by entering the domain computer name.
- View all exisiting remote workstations for an account.
- View an auto-completed list of remote workstations that exist in the domain, but have not been previously added.
- Start, stop and delete remote workstations.
The System Health tab on the Cloud Access Manager management interface enables you to:
- View all unallocated remote workstations.
- Perform a system health check on the Cloud Access Manager Service API's, Domain Controller and Cloud Access Manager Service.
For a live look at the current status of the Cloud Access Manager Service API's, see the Cloud Access Manager Service Status.
The Workstation Configuration tab on the Cloud Access Manager management interface enables you to:
- Define and modify custom machine configurations through template and template parameter files, and saving these files as templates.
For more information on the types of configuration available, see System Configuration.
The Logs tab on the Cloud Access Manager management interface enables you to retrieve logs of administrators activity for all users who have used the management interface. Click Logs from the side menu of the Cloud Access Manager management Interface to display the last 1000 log messages. These log messages can be used to help troubleshoot service and deployment issues, as well as management interface operations.
The Settings tab on the Cloud Access Manager management interface enables you to view the build information, KeyVault Parameters information, and environment variables information for your Cloud Access Manager deployment. For more information on the parameters listed on this page, see Cloud Access Manager Configuration Storage.
The notification icon provides alerts and notifies you when there are updates to your deployment. It provides notification on any changes to the power state, and the status of remote workstations (start/stop/create/delete). It will notify you on successfull remote workstation deployments and deployment failures. There are three types of notifications, these are colour coded:
- A solid blue dot indicates that there is an operation in progress.
- A flashing green dot indicates that there is a successfully completed operation that the administrator has not yet seen.
- A flashing red dot indicates that there was an unsuccessfull operation that the administrator has not yet seen.