Solution Providers Can Now Rapidly Build and Deliver Secure, Seamless Virtual Workspaces and Vertical Solutions in the Cloud
BURNABY, British Columbia – July 7, 2015 – To help unlock the potential of cloud-based computing, Teradici®, developer of industry-leading PCoIP® technology for secure virtual workspaces, today announced the availability of the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform. The new offering will enable solution providers to quickly and easily build and deliver secure, customized and high-performance virtual workspaces and vertical solutions in the cloud via Teradici's open and extensible platform.
To date, computing in the cloud has meant potentially compromising on security and performance, and is often plagued by integration challenges. Built upon Teradici's industry-leading PCoIP technology, this innovative new platform enables systems integrators and managed service providers to deliver cloud-based workspaces and vertical solutions to end point devices via pixels (not data) for comprehensive security and the highest quality remote user experience -- with lossless delivery across all types of network conditions.
Featuring Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and Software Development Kits (SDKs), the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform enables a quick time to market with easy to integrate components for developing differentiated and customized offerings. Solution providers also have maximum flexibility in terms of choice of hosting clouds, brokers, hypervisors and management tools.
"A confluence of industry trends is driving a massive shift in IT deployments. The rise of the 'as-a-service' models, including Workspace-as-a-Service, has spawned a new breed of IT channel partners that are faced with a difficult and complex task: aggregating and delivering SaaS applications with virtual desktop solutions across different types of devices to a broad range of users in organizations of varying sizes from both public and private clouds," said Dan Cordingley, president and CEO of Teradici.
"The introduction of the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform allows a wide range of solution providers and developers to deliver custom PCoIP-based virtual workspaces and vertical solutions to new and existing customers, rapidly and cost effectively on any cloud or hypervisor -- and deliver the best user experience possible."
Teradici's PCoIP ecosystem has grown rapidly and today powers the industry's leading Workspace-as-a-Service solutions including Amazon WorkSpaces and VMware Horizon View and Horizon Air (DaaS) solutions. The company has also seen significant interest in PCoIP technology from media & entertainment, design and engineering, education, oil and gas, finance and public sector organizations.
"With entrants such as VMware and Amazon Web Services gaining market traction with Workspace as a Service offerings, the time is right for organizations to explore cloud-based workspaces and applications," said John Abbott, founder and distinguished analyst at 451 Research. "Teradici's new Pervasive Computing Platform based on PCoIP technology could extend this capability further by allowing new solutions providers to join the cloud-based workspaces market and deliver custom and innovative workspaces and applications to their customers."
With the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform, organizations can build virtual workspaces and deploy seamless cloud-based computing for end customers. The platform helps solution providers and end users to benefit from:
- Accelerated time-to-value: Pre-tested, pre-integrated components enable providers to build and deliver virtual workspaces and cloud-based vertical solutions quickly and easily.
- Highly Secure: All data remains in the data center and an image of the workspace or application is sent in pixels via PCoIP technology, removing cloud security concerns.
- Flexibility of choice: Organizations can integrate PCoIP with best-in-breed elements. Solution providers have the freedom to build and leverage the cloud platform, brokers, hypervisors and backend management solutions of their choice. The platform enables VDI-based desktops, session-based desktops and vertical solutions to be efficiently deployed over a variety of architectures including private clouds, public clouds and on premises.
- Purpose-built use: Providers can deliver customized solutions based on the demands of their customers by leveraging open APIs and SDKs to build truly unique and innovative virtual offerings.
- Seamless user experience: The platform ensures a high-quality, uncompromised user experience that makes users feel inches, not miles, away from data -- even in the most demanding graphic-intensive computing environments.
- Anywhere, anytime access: The platform supports a broad range of end-point devices to meet a wide variety of end-user needs, including BYOD scenarios, from ultra-secure, easy-to-manage PCoIP Zero Clients to flexible PCoIP software clients and mobile clients.
Teradici's new platform offering is available in two versions. The Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform Desktop Edition is available now while the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform Workstation Edition is available as part of an early access program and will be available for general release in Fall 2015. For more information on the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform, visit: www.teradici.com/pervasivecomputing.
- "Our customers require the highest security standards when it comes to leveraging their cloud-based workspaces and specialist business applications," says Terrill Andrews, EVP Cloud Services at Accelera Solutions. "Teradici's Pervasive Computing Platform gives us the ability to deliver high performance end-user computing from the cloud, with no compromise on security. No data leaves the datacenter, and no data is stored on endpoint devices, so our customers significantly decrease their attack surface and minimize vulnerability, while enabling their workforce to access applications and workspaces from anywhere, on any device."
- "No other platform can do what the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform does," said David Benson, founder and CEO of DSB Consulting. "It's enabled DSB Consulting to create an entirely new service for our clients: a viable solution to remote editing workstations from both public and private cloud infrastructures."
- "Today's computing requirements for organizations around the world call for flexible workspaces where applications, data and desktop services can be delivered to any user on any device," said Michael Fraser, CEO, VDI Space. "With the introduction of PCoIP technology to the market via the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform, we have the raw materials to deliver end users the cloud-based workspaces that meet this requirement and drive forward the capabilities of true Workspace as a Service."
Teradici is the technology leader for creating secure virtual workspaces. The company's PCoIP technology powers the spectrum of local, remote, mobile and collaborative work styles, fundamentally simplifying how computing is provisioned, managed, and used throughout virtual and cloud environments. The world's largest cloud computing companies rely on PCoIP technology to fulfill the promise of the cloud -- an outstanding user experience, securely delivered to any device, anywhere. Teradici customers include Fortune 500 enterprises and institutions around the world, local and federal government agencies, and cloud and service providers. Teradici was founded in 2004, and is headquartered in British Columbia. For more information, visit teradici.com.
Teradici and PCoIP are trademarks of Teradici Corporation and are registered in the United States and/or other countries. Any other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus
Neil Desai, +1-415-856-5150