University Embraces Zero Clients for Innovative,
Flexible Learning Model
University of South Carolina Upstate offers baccalaureate education and selected master's degrees in response to regional demand. Now in its 46th year, USC Upstate strives toward its vision of becoming one of the Southeast's leading “metropolitan” universities and to be recognized nationally for excellence in education and its commitment to students.
"Now we have a better way to address the desktop, with all-in-one clients. The Teradici PCoIP Zero Clients eliminate a lot of wires in the student labs, and also simplify management."
Director, ITS Client Services
University of South Carolina Upstate
- Giving all students anywhere, anytime access to labs and on-campus resources
- Aligning infrastructure with dynamic needs of faculty, staff, and students
- Simplifying ITS (lowering operating costs)
- Virtual desktop infrastructure
- Teradici® PCoIP® Zero Clients
- Flexibility: Ease of deployment and management help ITS rapidly align the infrastructure to student and faculty needs.
- Lower costs: One technician to support all desktops; affordable all-in-one endpoints help the budget.
- Efficiency: Central, remote management frees up ITS time and speeds response to user requests.
- Performance: The scalable VDI platform can be configured to meet dynamic workload demands, including video streaming.