Penta College Delivers Multimedia Virtual Desktops,
with VDI-Appliance Powered by PCoIP Hardware Accelerator
Penta College enlivens learning with digital content. Textbook publishers provide interactive applications to reinforce key concepts. A history teacher might assign students to watch a YouTube video on the Renaissance before class. Chemistry students capture their experiments with a webcam and stream live video to students in other locations using Twitch.tv. To bring more digital content into the curriculum, Penta College needed more desktops. The school had just 2,000 Windows PCs for 5,800 students and 540 teachers and staff.
"Adding the PCoIP Hardware Accelerator to the VDI-Appliance increased the number of virtual desktops per appliance from 70 to 100. That means we can deliver virtual desktops with 43% less infrastructure."
- Enable students to access digital learning content anywhere, anytime, with any device
- Provide excellent video experience on virtual desktops
- Simplify desktop management
- VDI Appliance IO-250 with Teradici PCoIP Hardware Accelerator (APEX 2800)
- HP t310 Zero Clients
- VMware Horizon® View
- Outstanding multimedia experience: Students access digital learning content on Zero Clients and personal devices
- CapEx savings: Infrastructure requirements dropped by >40%
- Fast performance: Desktop loading accelerated from 5 minutes to less than 1 minute
- Energy savings: Power consumption decreased from 200 watts per PC to 10 watts to zero client, a 95% reduction