MTU Aero Engines Gives Remote Engineers
Low-Latency Access to Linux-Hosted CAD/CAE and Databases
MTU Aero Engines is Germany's leading engine manufacturer and an established global player in the industry. The company engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and support of commercial and military aircraft engines in all thrust and power categories, and industrial gas turbines.
“Our engineers are happy, but when it comes to our overall satisfaction, we have to cite the formal software support from Teradici and their support for Linux in particular.”
Dr.-Ing. Stefan Genssler
Head of Engineering Systems
MTU Aero Engines AG
- High-performance WAN access to central Linux environment (CAE/CAD applications and design database)
- Risks associated with single-vendor solution
- Unsatisfactory software support, lack of Linux expertise, and limited hardware choices
- Teradici PCoIP Zero Clients and Remote Workstation Solutions
- Other product or key solution parameter (e.g., centralized applications in main data center)
- Strong working relationship: MTU and Teradici jointly enhanced the PCoIP Host Software for Linux; improved level of support (full support for Teradici solution in Linux environments)
- Lower risk: PCoIP solution eliminates reliance on a single-vendor solution.
- Lower costs: Remote offices can now choose lower-cost PCoIP zero clients.