Innovative "Mini-Mills" Steelmaker Discovers
an Easy Fix for Inconsistent Video Views on VDI
Headquartered in North Carolina, Nucor Corporation is the largest steel producer in the United States and North America’s largest recycler of metal and iron. The "mini-mill" steelmaker turns scrap metal into steel using innovative electric arc furnaces, with capacity to produce 25 million tons per year.
"If you need real-time video, you need the Teradici accelerator. Beyond our video requirements, the Hardware Accelerator lets us keep our desktops looking current – we don’t have to dumb-down the interface for VDI sessions."
- Trimming IT and operational costs
- Performance issues for virtualized desktops
- Inability to address video use case requirements
- Upgraded Zero Clients (Teradici® Tera2 technology)
- Teradici PCoIP® Hardware Accelerators (one in each of the three VDI
- Simplicity: Easy solution to deploy and support (one IT person on-site)
- Performance: Seamless video playback on zero clients; excellent interactive response for all desktop GUI tasks
- Scalability: Led to success of VDI pilot, and broad-scale deployment of zero clients; choice of devices for mobile users (with anywhere access to desktops)
- Cost reductions: Adoption of low-cost, reliable virtualized endpoints throughout the business