Government Agency Streamlines Operations,
Increases User Satisfaction with VDI, Zero Clients
The Civil Service Superannuation Board (CSSB) of Manitoba, Canada administers employee entitlement plans in accordance with the appropriate laws, regulations, and insurance policies, and under the direction of the responsible Minister. The CSSB safeguards members’ assets, pays benefits promptly, and maintains accurate records in accordance with good governance.
"VDI and zero clients have been a very positive wave of change throughout our operation, and it’s made us rethink how we can deliver services in the future."
Senior IT Architect
The Civil Service Superannuation Board,
- High cost of IT and infrastructure-related utilities (energy)
- Security (confidential employee information; financial asset management)
- End-user productivity on out-of-date technology
- Virtual desktop infrastructure based on VMware Horizon View
- Teradici® PCoIP® Zero Clients
- Cost savings: 85 percent drop in desktop support time; reduced headcount requirements; lower energy costs
- Security and resilience: Sensitive data remains in the data center; less complexity for desktop component of disaster recovery plan
- Mobility: Employees have anywhere access to their desktops
- IT manageability and flexibility: New platform offers IT many new choices for application and data hosting and business-to-business services