PCoIP Feature: Security
Many enterprise security risks stem from the fact that data actually gets delivered to the desktop. And if the desktop is remote, and the user is a vendor organization, even the most sophisticated authentication systems provide the opportunity to compromise security.
With PC-over-IP, the data never leaves your secure data center. Only pixels are delivered to the desktop. That means employees, contractors or vendors can work with the data, but they cannot retain or copy the data. CIOs can reduce liability exposure and comply with regulatory requirements while increasing control over intellectual property and valuable data. By delivering a true PC experience, with the intrinsic security afforded by PC-over-IP, these benefits can be realized across an entire enterprise, and its partners.
Desktop centralization and Teradici's PC-over-IP® technology enables:
- 100% of desktop computing can be moved into a secure location including existing PC and workstation form factors and blade PCs
- Eliminate corporate data in the user community by containing it within the data center
- Secure authentication and authorization of all USB peripheral devices, intelligent capability to lock down restricted devices while allowing authorized devices
- Host operating system does not see plug-event if an unauthorized USB peripheral device is plugged in at the desktop. This provides an additional level of security not possible with traditional desktop PCs today.
- Remove single points of failure - user data and OS profiles are moved from desktop devices to protected SAN/IPSAN or NAS
- Increased reliability via failover data and computing capability
- PC-over-IP technology enables remote access, home access can be part of a pandemic strategy
- Centralized computing site diversity allows host PC's or workstations to be distributed across multiple data center locations.